Terms and Conditions
The term KEMPSs General Stores or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Elmwood House, York Road, Kirk Hammerton, York YO26 8DH. Our company registration number is 10586436 . The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
It governs the privacy of those who use the website and interacting with Kemps General Store in person and digitally.
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information including your rights under current laws and regulations.
The Data Protection Officer for Kemps General Store is Liz Kemp firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically only on the basis that you have supplied the information knowing the purpose of and our intended use of this information.
We use it to :
1. To keep you informed of our events and products through your positive opt-in to our mailing list
2. To respond to your requests for information via email or the enquiry form on the website
3. To send your mail order or shop purchases to your delivery address
4. To meet our legal requirements with regard to accounting and financial reporting
If you choose to complete the enquiry form on this site or in store we will respond to you via email. You will not be added to any mailing list unless you specifically request it i.e. you opt in by writing the request in the comments section of the form.
If you complete the card available in the shop then you will be added to the list electronically.
If you opt-in to our mailing list via email or verbally then a record of your request is legally required to be securely retained by us.
Once you have opted-in you are free to opt out using the unsubscribe button on every email or by emailing email@example.com and requested removal from the list.
If you email or make a verbal enquiry leaving us contact information – this information will only be used for the purpose it was given
It will be held securely on a password protected machine or in a locked filing cabinet until its purpose has been fulfilled and then it will be deleted/destroyed
Posting our goods & Mail Order
If you request products via mail order or to be posted to you then your payment may be processed via PayPal and your address retained until the package is safely delivered - then it will be destroyed.
Information held for legal purposes and by third parties
We do not have access to any payment information for transactions completed via Pay Pal or via Global Payments EPOS by card in the shop.
·We are legally required to securely retain invoice details (address and contacts) for a period of 7 years for financial reporting purposes.
We currently do not offer an automated sign up to the mailing list option via the website nor do we offer an online shopping function. Were this to change then our policies would be adapted and expanded accordingly.
Data retention period
We will continue to process the information you have given us under this basis until you :
· withdraw consent i.e. opt out/unsubscribe from a mailing list or inform us verbally or in writing/email
· it is no longer a legal requirement to do so (for financial accounting purposes)
· there is no longer a valid reason to hold the information i.e an event has passed or an order has been
We do not share your information with third parties.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
Your right to access to the information we hold about you.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
This means that at any time you can make a request to review any personal data we hold about you. We will need you to prove who you are before we can release it and we have a statutory amount of time within which we need to respond to your request. You can make a request verbally, via social media or email but we would ask that you confirm our safe receipt of the request by calling 01653 693 577 to establish the time frame from which the response is to be calculated and to confirm your identity.
If you require any further clarification please feel free to contact us via email or phone or pop in and we will be pleased to help you.
Resources & further information